Breast cancer is a type of cancer that begins once the cells in the breast grow out of control. Occasionally, breast cancer will end up forming a tumor within the breast that can be found. Sometimes these are referred to as “lumps.” Diagnosing breast cancer comes to trying to locate the source of it. Breast cancer may begin forming in the ducts that carry the milk to the nipples, the glands that make breast milk or other tissue areas that may end up spreading. The best form of protection of breast cancer is early screening and diagnosis. We at the Hollywood Diagnosticss Center firmly believe that early detection leads to accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosing Breast Cancer
In order to diagnose breast cancer, your health care provider will decide which test is best for you. There are multiple different tests and procedures that can diagnose breast cancer.
- Ultrasound – Sound waves are used to create an image of the inside of the breast. This will allow your doctor to determine whether a lump is a solid mass or not.
- MRI – Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a scan similar to an ultrasound and mammogram. However, this uses no radiation waves at all. Instead magnetic waves are used to construct images.
- Breast Exam – Your doctor will perform a physical examination to find any swollen areas or masses within or around the breasts and lymph nodes.
- Mammogram – An x-ray of the breast. This is the simplest form of medical Diagnosticss imaging when attempting to locate a mass within the breast.
- Biopsy – A biopsy is a procedure that involves removing a sample of the breast. This sample is then sent to a lab to perform tests on. These tests will allow doctors to determine the severity of the cancer, if there is any at all.
If you or a loved one is in need of medical imaging technology for breast cancer screening, then Hollywood Diagnosticss Center is the place for you.