PET-CT Brain ScansOur Medical Imaging Services.
HOLLYWOOD DIAGNOSTICS CENTER NOW OFFERS STATE OF THE ART PET-CT METABOLIC BRAIN SCANS
A very small amount of a radiotracer such as fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG), which contains a sugar with a radioactive tag attached, is injected into the patient. The radiotracer is absorbed by the brain and will show the amount of sugar consumption in different regions of the brain. The brains of patients with dementia consume less energy and therefore less sugar, and in patterns specific to the different types of dementia.
PET scanning is a powerful tool for:
- Diagnosing Alzheimer’s earlier;
- Differentiating Alzheimer’s disease from other types of dementia;
- Monitoring the progression of the disease and the effectiveness of new therapies in clinical trials.
- Assessing the severity of cognitive decline.
- Detecting metastatic and other brain lesions.
Our Other Services
We are no longer performing x-rays or ekgs. Please contact your health care provider for another available facility. All other studies are still being performed. Thank you.